Random Objects - Oil Painting

 For this painting, I wanted to paint three small objects in an interesting and colorful way. I accomplished this by using oil paints on canvas paper. My painting is about color, texture, composition, and reflected light. The most difficult part about painting this was my palette. I have an odd way of mixing colors and all my colors took up took much space on my palette paper, which made it hard to effectively mix new colors. I met this challenge by trying to turn my existing colors into other colors I needed. I definitely need to work on my mixing techniques. My painting really works in the objects. I really like how the lipstick and nail polish bottle turned out especially. Some new things I learned were how to mix colors better and how to set up an interesting model to paint. For this painting, my mentor was Peggi Kroll. As always, I learned from her that less is more. A fellow classmate that I learned from was Jillian. I admire how dedicated she is to perfecting her paintings. If I had to do-over anything, I'd sharpen up some of my edges. Some of them look too jagged. I feel best about how I used colors in this painting and how all the reflections look.

Comments

Popular Posts