Pool Ball Oil Painting - Only 25 Strokes

For this painting, my goal was to create an interesting picture of a pool ball and its shadow using only 25 strokes. I accomplished this by using oil paints and a paintbrush. My painting is about reflected light, composition, texture, and colored shadows. The most difficult part about this painting was only being able to use 25 strokes. I had to plan ahead all the places where I would put my brush and make sure I never lifted it until the area was done. I met this challenge by thinking and planning ahead my strokes. My painting really works in its shadow and the blending of the colors of the ball. Some things I have learned is how blend colors and how to limit my brush strokes. My mentor for this painting was Peggi Kroll. From her, I learned how less is more. Another artist in the class I learned from was Lauren. I like her paintings and I like how she focuses on perfecting her work. If I had to do-over anything, I would clean up some of my lines. For this painting, I feel best about the colors I used and how everything blends together. 

Comments

Popular Posts