On My Joyful Succulent Series

For this series, I intended to show the diversity and array of colors that succulents can come in. I aspired to have bright colors and mostly seamless blending. I accomplished my goals by layering and blending watercolor pencils. I also drew inspiration from photographs. My artwork is about bright colors, interesting shapes, and blending. The most difficult part of making the series was making colors that don't go together blend. I had to melt orange and purple together without it becoming muddy. I met this challenge by using more shades in my blending. For an example, I knew purple could blend into red and red could blend into orange so I used it to bring the two colors together. The piece really works in terms of bright colors and differentiating between all three pictures. I tried to have a different color scheme for each one. I have learned how to do better blending and I improved my colored pencil skills. I intend to do more work with colored pencils in the future. I developed my skills in colored pencils by watching YouTube videos, doing research, and trial and error over the last few years. My mentors could be the artists in the YouTube community. An example of one would be Sycra. Another artist in my class that inspired me is Soy. I learned new interesting composition techniques from him and I like how all of his artwork has an interesting look. If I had to redo a part of my work, I'd fix the third picture. I could've blended the colors a bit better and made it look more vibrant. Some of it looks muddy. I feel best about the first picture in the series. I really love how the colors blended together and how bright the yellows and greens are. I think it's the best-looking one out of the three.



Comments

Popular Posts