Family (All grandparents, father's side)

My grandfather: Born in 1925. He shares a
birthday with me (February 1st). Loved music, played
the saxophone and clarinet.
 Played in a band (The Clubmen).
Grew up in Baltimore his whole life. Served
in WW2 along with his brother - both survived. 
My grandfather: A  very smart man, graduated from Johns Hopkins
University. Became an engineer. Great at math. Loved
philosophy, reading, chess, free cell, and classical music. 
My grandmother: Born in the thirties on a farm
in South Carolina. Very smart lady, was the valedictorian
of her small high school. Classiest lady I've ever seen. 
My grandmother: Served in the war. Mostly worked
for a general. Was incredibly intelligent and fluent in
shorthand and could write anything in the code. My dad
said he'd find her notes when he was a kid and couldn't read
a single thing because it was all symbols. She also had the very
best cursive you've ever seen. 
My grandmother and grandfather: Had a long marriage until grandmother
passed in 2012. That's me in the middle, with two front teeth missing
and a Dr. Seuss book. My grandparent's house was the best. So cozy
and warm. My grandmother made the best tuna sandwiches - no joke. 
My grandfather: In love with cats, he always talked about them
and had many pictures of them in his office. Had multiple cats through
his life. My dad now loves cats too, of course. Old-school Baltimore looked
so neat. I wish I could've seen what it was like back then. Every single old picture
we found of my grandfather when he was very young had "Bunts" written on the bottom.
It was a nickname he was given, we have no clue how he got it. You were a good man, Bunts. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. please tell us who they are and where and what is happening in the picture. there are interesting stories here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts